- IRS Publication 587: Business Use of your Home
- IRS Publication 523: Selling Your Home
- IRS FAQ: Depreciation and Recapture
- 2013 Form 8829, Expenses for Business Use of Your Home
- Home Office Deduction
- Simplified Option for Home Office Deduction
Why YOU Should Care:
If you own your home and maintain a home office in that home, you may need to adjust your basis in your home when you sell and claim the previously deducted depreciation as gain. This impacts the amount of gain you can shield from tax.